My son was 3 when he created the below project in Preschool. It's a great idea to do with young ones and send as a gift to a Grandparent, Aunt or close family friend. You will need a painting smock (or old shirt or clothes,) five paint brushes, 5 cups or a plate to put the paint in/on, water, paper to place your hand print and a sink nearby :) You use a paint brush and paint the child's hand with brown and paint the yellow, green, blue and red on each finger with separate brushes. Place the child's hand with the fingers spread apart onto the piece of paper, let dry. This may sound a lot more complicated than it is. The whole process shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes. I would then suggest you either get them laminated or laminate them with your xyron machine.You can also make these for all of your guests if you are having the celebration at your house and they can take them home.
NOW ONTO MY FAVORITE TURKEY PROJECT EVER!!!!
As I said yesterday, it may not be the most beautiful creation but it is to me :) My sons used it to play with playdoh outside as a mat on the table and unfortunately, left it there. I didn't realize it until the next day and the sprinklers had already been on and turned off. It caused the lamination to peel and some of the color bled.. Well that was 4+ years ago and clearly I still kept it! It just warms my heart that my youngest, Austin, was most thankful for... his BROTHER! I am so blessed!
Your next stop is Jamie and her amazing creation(s)! If you haven't already please be sure to check out all of the amazingly talented people listed below and show them all some love! If you just happened to pop on by, please be sure to check out BOTH DAYS of the entire blog hop participants and start at our LOVELY HOSTESS AMY! The creations are amazing and you will NOT be disappointed! Have a wonderful day and Happy Thanksgiving! GOBBLE GOBBLE!
1. Amy ~ http://www.lovetocrop.com/
2. Shawnee ~ http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com/
3. Anita ~ http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com/
4. Ashley ~ http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com
5. Linda ~ http://www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com/
6. Colleen ~ http://www.cbcscrapbooking.blogspot.com
7. Rhonda ~ http://scraphappenswithrhonda.blogspot.com/
8.Theresa ~ http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
9.April ~ http://www.curlsandgrins.blogspot.com
10.Michelle ~ http://www.craftychelle.blogspot.com/
11.Kristy ~ http://www.scraptasticalkreations.blogspot.com/
12.Sher ~ http://www.patternsbysher.blogspot.com
13. Robin ~ http://scrapandchat.blogspot.com
14. Melissa ~ http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com/
15. Jamie ~ http://myamusinglife.blogspot.com/
16. Janet ~ http://createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
17. Jessica ~ http://scrappyluvs.blogspot.com/
18. Nancy ~ http://blog.fancywithnancy.com/